Friday, April 23, 2010

Eyeko - Vintage, Nude & Lilac Polish



Eyeko is such a super little brand.

I swear by their Big Eye Mascara and it doesn't matter how much I've drunk the night before, their 3-in-1 Cream gives me the skin of a newborn.  And it comes in the most humongous container.  I've had it over a year now and it's still only a third of the way used.

So I was thrilled when Larissa from Eyeko contacted me and asked if I wanted to trial some of their new polish range.  Uh, is the Pope Catholic?

Check out the little lovelies after the jump....




Nude Polish (diffused light)
I suspect this is intended to be a mannequin hands colour.  And it would be on most people..... except me.  My skin tone is just a little too dark.  This is such a cute little colour though.  It's a lovely, subtle orange and would be perfect for those of you working in offices and/or those of you who have to abide by strict dress codes. 



Vintage Polish (diffused light)
Oh I love this!  It is the exact colour of the walls in my late grandmother's kitchen.  Everytime I wear this, I think of her.  It makes me happy.


Lilac Polish (Diffused Light)
This is a gorgeous lilac hue with a real spark and vibrancy.  My favourite and the one I think suits me the most.

A word on the quality of these lacquers.  The formula is much improved from the original Eyeko lacquers (often, it took 4-5 coats to get opaque with the original line) and is much creamier and easier to work with.  All swatches here took three coats to get a smooth and even texture but, thankfully, they all dry pretty fast.

So what do you think?  Have any of you tried the new Eyeko polishes and, if so, what did you think of them?






The lacquers featured in this review were provided by the superfly Larissa of Eyeko. For more information on YGN's Disclosure Policy, please click here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails