Tuesday, June 15, 2010

BYS - Matte Deep Purple

Whatever happened to the matte finish.  When I started blogging, everyone was matte-fying everything.  And now..... bupkis.

Never let it be said that I'm ever ahead of a trend, so here's another matte lacquer.  This time, it is BYS' Matte Deep Purple.



Now, here's the deal.  I don't normally like creme mattes.  I think, in order for a matte to work, it has to have some depth in it. A shimmer.  A different undertone.  Something.

This doesn't have any of that depth but it still works a treat.  I think it's the finish.  It's a satin matte which makes it not so harsh and is more forgiving of the large block of colour.

Of course, I couldn't do a matte without applying a top coat to see how it came up.  Click on the jump to see the results.






Man this is hot.  And it's under $5.  You guys are just lucky you can't see me drooling over my own thriftyness right now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails