Thursday, March 18, 2010

American Apparel - Mount Royal


Be still my beating heart.  Oh, what the heck, beat away dear heart.  This lacquer is worth the palpitations.  I'll see you in the next life.

American Apparel's Mount Royal is an amazing blue-purple.

Like Berry, the brush on this was bad.  I tried to do the swatch with it - thinking maybe if I practiced enough that it would work ok - but it didn't.  Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat with an OPI Pro-Wide.

Other than the brush, this is just a dream lacquer.  It is opaque in one coat (although I've done two here) and is shiny, shiny, shiny.  I think I might have to adopt it and leave it something in my will.  Sorry to my children, Chuff and Boo, this doesn't talk back nor does it wake me at 6am to watch Postman Pat. It wins the favoured child race.


Just because a few of you have asked, here are all the lacquers I recently purchased from American Apparel.  From left to right we have: Peacock, Berry, Mount Royal (see the purple come through more here), Passport Blue, Hunter and Poppy.

I'm interested in your thoughts about these.  A reader, Kiki Chaos, has mentioned that hers streaks badly.  That hasn't happened to me but I'm interested to know your experiences.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails