Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bloom - Bonnie

I actually bought Bloom's Bonnie because I thought it might be a Nars Purple Rain dupe.  As it turns out, Bonnie has a twin sister in Illamasqua's Phallic and looks nothing like Purple Rain.

Like Phallic, Bonnie is a midnight blue with shimmery light blue glitter throughout.

The formula on this is utter perfection.  It glides on smoothly, dries quickly and you can get away with one coat (although this swatch is two coats).

I had put Bonnie side by side with my previous swatch of Phallic, but the lighting between the two swatches was crazy different and I didn't have time to redo Phallic in the same lighting (if you want a really good swatch comparison, click here).

In short, it's safe to say that Bonnie and Phallic are the same lacquer.  There are minor differences (Phallic is a little more vibrant and 'richer'), but, really, only someone looking really closely would notice the difference.

This is a fabulous lacquer.  It's sexy, sophisticated and I feel like a total vixen wearing it (which, at my advanced age, is an achievement). 

How do you guys like Bonnie?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails