Sunday, March 21, 2010

Naily News #24


So, you may notice that the usual picture for the Naily News has been replaced.  That's because, from this week, the Naily News will not only have links to some great manicures, it will also be a place for me to share a highlight from my week.

After the fabulous response I got from the 10 Things That Make Me Happy Tag, I wanted to share more with you guys about... well... me.  But, in deference to those who only come here from the manicures, the 'Jacie Naily News' will be hidden under a cut.  So you can still get the links you love, with some waffle thrown in if you are so inclined to read it!

*****

 If you haven't entered the March Giveaway, there's still time.  Click here to find out how you can win a Nailtrixx Nail Art Set + an Ulta3 nail lacquer.

Nixxy sparkles in Nubar.

Can't breathe.  Magical holo.  Must have.

Kaz has a snake called Shlong.  Read into that what you will.  She also has a booming manicure for you.

Nail Juice rocks a Black Onyx.

Diana is officially Irish with this manicure.

Nihrida is a metal babe.  She also has great cleavage (am I allowed to say that without sounding too much like a perv?)

MeganChair longs for a vacation.  I, meanwhile, long for her lacquer collection.

Sister Leanne is Peachy Keen.

Babbling Brooke rocks the classic Emerald Green.

I must have Blue India.  Must.

Tiffani has the CUTEST konadicure.  Why must I suck so badly at Konad?

If you have a great nail related post, paste a link in the comments.  

Otherwise, click on the jump to find out where I had an Express Lunch that made me fall asleep.

As part of the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival, I had an Express Lunch at the infamous Longrain restaurant.  Longrain is a Melbourne institution and one of my favourite places to eat.  Great food and hot waiters.

The Express Lunch is two courses with a glass of wine for $35 (add $10 for an additional course).  What an amazing treat!

The menu.
And, of course, the all important glass of wine.  For the lunch, they had a dry white which suits me totally as I'm not a fan of sweet wines.



Entree
This was a lovely chicken with ginger and garlic.  My only qualm was with the amount of fat on the chicken.  Now, I'm actually one of those people who loves fat being left on the meat.  But this fat was really chewy and difficult to eat. 



Main
Lamb curry.  This was perfection.  The lamb was melt-in-your-mouth.  The sauce was hot enough to make my lips burn but not so hot that I couldn't taste the flavours, and the vegetables on top were crispy.  Whilst I was content to share my entree with my friends, this curry was ALL MINE.



Dessert
I had a choice between tapioca or pineapple ice-cream with a coconut biscuit.  I despise tapioca (I think it comes from eating it alot as a child) so pineapple ice-cream it was.  This was heavenly.  So heavenly that I was midway through inhaling this  - INHALING - when I realised I hadn't taken a photo.  Who knew pineapple ice-cream could be so amazingly delicious?


I am absolutely obsessed with food, trying out new food and eating out.  Are any of you the same?  

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails