Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Illamasqua - Pastel Nails Collection


Love.... does not even begin to describe the Illamasqua Pastel Nails Collection.

There is just something wonderfully sexy and subtle about these.  Not to mention that they look like sorbet, which automatically appeals to my 'must eat ice-cream (or ice-cream related products) on a daily basis' fetish.

Before I go into the swatches (which I've hidden under the cut because the swatches are plentiful and large), I just wanted to address some concerns people have had with the large square Illamasqua lid.  Now, I don't want to tell you guys how to suck eggs, so just skip this bit if you already know.

The square lid does come off, leaving you with a much smaller and easier to deal with brush. When you're finished, just put the lid back on.  Too easy!





Blow
The problem child of the four.  As seems to be normal with pastel yellows, this was kinda thick, gluggy and difficult to control.  Not nearly as bad as some others - this is Illamasqua after all and the formulas are always fab - but still, it's a formula that takes getting used to.  . 

They're all different aren't they?  I have to be honest. My little Ulta3 Spring Blossom is still the best formula although Blow is, for me, the best in terms of colour.  It's yellow perfection.

Nudge
This is a blue-ish minty green.  It's glorious.  Nothing more to say.

I had a look through some of my recent mint excursions to see if I could find a dupe.  I compared Nudge to Marks and Spencer's Mint Green and China Glaze's Refresh-Mint.  Neither of these came close to duping Nudge.  It's unique.

Wink
This is a simply stunning lacquer.  A gorgeous, dusty lavender that applies like a dream.  

 I suspected China Glaze's Light as Air might be a close dupe for this.  Unfortunately, I've lent that to a friend, so I haven't been able to do a side by side on the one hand.  But, looking at these, it would seem that Wink is a more pigmented lavender.

Caress
My favourite.  A stunning, dusty, pastel blue.  It's perfection in a bottle.

So, ladies, how do you fancy the Illamasqua Pastel Nails Collection?  Do you want ice-cream now?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails