Monday, October 25, 2010

piCture pOlish - Grape + China Glaze Grape Pop Comparison

This is my first week of swatches using a new macro lens for my DSLR camera. So please forgive any fuzziness as I'm still familiarising myself with the lens. On the bright side, I am thrilled that my photos are 100% colour accurate. On the negative side, I need to take care of my hands better!

The fourth lacquer I have (click here, here and here for the previous reviews) from piCture pOlish is Grape.

This is a great little lacquer.  The formula is superb (two coats) and it dries to an amazing shine. The purple has an almost dusty quality to it, which I quite like.  Classic goodness.




If you haven't entered the October Giveaway as yet, there's still a week to go!  Click here for the rules, and enter using the form below.







Oh, and for those of you looking at Grape and thinking dupes, I have a very close dupe under the cut - China Glaze Grape Pop.



In the swatch above, I have China Glaze Grape Pop on the index and ring fingers, whilst piCture pOlish is on the middle and pinky.

These two lacquers are very similar, but the differences can be described in the name.  China Glaze Grape Pop, which is on the left in the closeup above, has a real pop to it.  piCture pOlish Grape is a more dusty and subtle purple.  These differences are only really obvious to me, because I'm pedantic like that, but they are different.  Albeit slightly.
This lacquer was provided by piCture pOlish. For more information on YGN's Disclosure Policy, please click here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails