Tuesday, November 17, 2009

butter LONDON - Fairy Lights Part I

I could not have predicted how butter LONDON's Fairy Lights would turn out.

In the bottle, this looks like a shimmery pearly pink. What comes out of the bottle, however, is an unapologetic chrome pink.

Naturally, as this is a chrome, application is tricky. Firstly, brush strokes are par for the course. Even a thicker second coat (which is the trick I usually employ when I'm dealing with a chrome as it seems to dry less streaky) didn't eliminate all the brush strokes.

Secondly, you HAVE to wait until the first coat is dry before you even attempt a second. I learned the hard way (and you can see a slight bump on my middle finger) where I started a second coat before the first had dried, and paid the price with dragging and bald spots.

However, despite the application problems, this is the most exquisite chrome. There's almost a foil effect in the sun whilst, in regular light, it looks like wrapping paper.

Tell me ladies, because I don't wear chromes much, are the application problems I experienced with this normal for chromes or are my problems related to the butter LONDON formula?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails