Monday, November 23, 2009

You've Got Nail Rave - Seri

I've had a few of you ask me about how I take care of my hands.

The truth is, I am really lazy with my hands. And I'm kind of incompetent when it comes to cuticle removal and nail shape. Hence, beyond daily cuticle oil and cream, I don't do a great deal for them myself.

I do, however, have a manicurist that I see on a fortnightly basis. Here in Melbourne, there is a definite divide between the chop shops (that are super cheap, but also super brutal on your hands) and the more expensive salons (which are expensive but you get a much better service).

My manicurist, Lisa, who works out of Melbourne hair salon, Seri, is an anomaly to this rule. She offers chop shop prices (I pay $25 for a manicure, which is pretty cheap for Melbourne CBD) but excellent service. She's prompt, her tools are always spotlessly clean, and my hands always look a million dollars when I walk out of the salon.

Do you have a manicurist you love? What do you love about him/her?

On the flip side, tell me about your worst manicure experiences. I once went to a chop shop where the manicurist systematically tore every cuticle. I was so traumatised by the experience that I didn't see another manicurist for years!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails