Friday, November 27, 2009

BYS - La Bamba


There's another song to get into your head, ladies.

La Bamba is a neon pink with a subtle hint of shimmer.

Like Sexy Samba, the application on this is great. The lacquer is creamy without being too gloopy, it glides on effortlessly, is opaque in two coats, and dries to a high shine.

Unfortunately, this never get to bottle colour.  This swatch is six coats.  Six!  Although it was opaque in two, I kept on adding coats in the hope that, eventually, bottle colour would come.  But it never did.  :-(

All up, though, the BYS Carnival Collection is a runaway success.  I will be using every colour regularly over the upcoming summer.  I'm an official BYS convert! 

In other news, I bought light umbrellas and light stands today on eBAY.  What does this mean?  Well it means an improvement in the quality of my photos.  I take my photos with an SLR camera in natural light, which works most of the time.  Except when there's no good natural light.  The umbrellas and light stands will ensure my lighting is more consistent, which means you guys get a more accurate view of the lacquers.  It's a win-win!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails