Monday, December 14, 2009

Essie - Lollipop


I think Essie's Lollipop could be the most perfect red in the universe.

It applies like a dream.  Almost like it intuitively knows where it needs to go.  I can be somewhat lazy with my finishes but, with this lacquer, that doesn't matter.  I can be lazy because the lacquer is so so so easy to work with.

This was opaque in two coats, which I was somewhat surprised with.  I guess I expected it to be like Rock Candy.  That is, almost jelly like, and requiring 3-4 coats.

This dries to a high gloss finish.  The swatch on the right is without top coat.  Just two coats all on its own and it's good to go.

As for the colour itself, this is an exquisite red with slight blue-ish undertones.  I imagine it being worn by the likes of Rita Hayworth back in the day.  It's utter Hollywood glamour and va-va-va-voom.

So what do you guys think?  Do you like this red?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails