Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Sneak Peak

One of the things I love most about Christmas are Christmas Parties. I love catching up with friends and colleagues in December. It's just such a nice way to end the year.


This week, I'm bringing you two collections that I believe totally scream Christmas Parties!  The Essie Winter 2009 Collection and Mecca's Paint to Your Heart's Content Collection .

In case you're wondering, the artwork in the background is from my older son who decided that he wants in on this nail blog business.  :-)  This is a kid who never wants to do artwork because he likes to dance instead - so I'm proud to display one of the few art pieces he's actually done.

In other news, thanks to everyone who voted in my reader poll about whether I should expand YGN to include beauty reviews.  The vote was split down the middle.  Hence, I'm going to stick to what I know, which is nails.  If, in the future, more of you want the beauty stuff, I'll figure out some way of accomodating that.

Finally, you'll notice a big improvement in the quality of photos on the site going forward.  I have started using the light umbrellas I bought and - wow - what a difference.  Although I'm using artificial, rather than natural, light, I am getting a much truer representation of the lacquers.  So what you see in the photos is how they look in real life.

Well, that was a long and rambling post.  Have a great week everyone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails