Sunday, July 18, 2010

Naily News #38


Kaz has been engaging in some crazy duping lately.  Check out this China Glaze Greens comparison.

Kimberly totally rocks out in Nailene.

Miss Nixxy has some Funky Fingers.  Oh yeah, and she's reviewed a lacquer of the same name.  Don't you love serendipity?

Bad Romance?  I want to have your children.

Bria has a fantastic franken.

Andrea swatches Eyeko's new lacquers, and they look amazing!

Watching Jackie's manicures is bad for my wallet.  I want everything she swatches, especially Hot Metal.

If you have a nail polish post you'd like to share, paste a link in the comments.

And read on if you want to find out about our new car!



A few months ago, Melbourne suffered a massive hailstorm. During the storm, six of our house windows were smashed. And both of ours cars ended up looking like a teenage boy at the Clerasil counter.

Initially we decided to keep both cars because, well, they were old and we didn't think we'd get much in terms of write-off.  Plus there was nothing really wrong with them: they are mechanically sound, just ugly.  Brett decided to get them assessed earlier in the week, and the write-off amounts were more than what we had paid for them so it was a no brainer.  We agreed to write them off.

Enter the Rukus.  We were initially going to opt for a basic sedan but then Brett drove past the Toyota dealership and fell in love.  And I'm in love.  We're all in love.  It's not everyone's cup of tea but we like the sharp, boxy shape and the interior is one of the few cars where Brett can sit and not have his head touch the ceiling.  It's the perfect mix of crazy styling and family functionality.  I want to be buried with it.

In other news, a friend of mine bought the Marc Jacob's Hobo bag recently.  She was telling me all about the features and why she loves it.  I must have been in a crazy bad mood because I snapped 'Unless it sh*ts out a cure for cancer, it's not worth $800'.  Thankfully, my darling friend has a great sense of humour.

I won an award during the week at work.  For what I don't know because I didn't turn up to the awards ceremony!  To be fair, it wasn't in my calendar and I had to pick up Boo from creche so I couldn't reschedule and hang around but.... yeah.... I won something.  I'll let you guys know next week what I won and what I won it for.

Have a wonderful week everyone!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails