Monday, March 22, 2010

Elianto - Sparkling Diva Collection


Elianto's Sparkling Diva Collection is insane.  20 shimmers in every colour you could possibly imagine.  And no weird Asian naming conventions!  That's right - no PHJ7415 or other inventory style labelling.  Actual names that describe the lacquers.

Awesomesauce.

Of the six I chose, all six are winners in the colour department.  They really are stunning.  And there is one lacquer that is....... utterly unique and truly mind blowing.  I have never seen anything like it.

But, with the good comes the bad, right?  There was one lacquer that caused me no end of difficult in terms of formula.  It could possibly be the worst lacquer I've had to apply.  And it breaks my heart that it is that way because it's my favourite colour normally. :-((

Notwithstanding that single lacquer, I can see myself buying a stackload of these in the future.  At under $5 they are an absolute steal, the bottles are stunning (check out the handle - they are a mix of satin and matte finish), and the colours themselves are lemming-inducing.

Definitely let me know what you guys think in the comments!



Red Violet
A great big 'meh' from me.  Not because of the colour, which is beautiful, or the finish, which is a high shine.  The formula is the problem.  This is like glue that has been left out in the sun too long.  I found it near impossible to work with.  And, woah, just forget about tidyness.  It was a struggle just to apply, let alone apply neatly.  For once in my life, this is a red I do not heart.

Alice Blue
I had high hopes for this and it didn't disappoint.  A beautiful, icy blue.  One warning though - this is pretty sheer.  This swatch is five coats and I can still see my natural nails.

Aspen Green
Oh. My. God.  This has to be one of the most amazing lime green shimmers I've ever seen.  Come to think of it, I think it's one of the only lime green shimmers I've ever seen.  This only took three coats to opaque and is just amazing to look at in person.

Indigo Shine
This was another one I had high hopes for and it didn't disappoint either.  A beautiful deep blue with silver shimmer through it.  Sexy, sultry and sophisticated.

Shimmer Violet
My favourite of this collection.  I would never have guessed that this would be my favourite but I can't help but adore it.  It's a beautiful pinky lavender with the most amazing shimmer.  It's exquisite.

Racing Green
Now onto the mind blowing lacquer of this collection.  Racing Green is ..... words cannot describe how amazing this lacquer is.  A green base (with touches of teal) with green and gold shimmer throughout out.  I don't own anything else like this.  It's beautiful.  It's complex.  And it applies like a dream - two coats and you're done.

But don't just take my word for it.  Check out the close up below:


It's like something out of a rain forest.  I'm sorry if some of you have fainted at the sight.

So, ladies, what did you think of Sparkling Diva Collection, albeit my truncated version?  Do any colours particularly speak to you, do you like them all or are you just 'meh' cos it's Monday and it's back to work? 




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails