Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Zoya - Reverie Spring 2010 - Part I


Yah, I'm a bit Ms Tardy McLatey on the Zoya Reverie Spring 2010 Collection.  I've actually had it for some time but just haven't gotten around to swatching it.

It's been three years since I last trialled Zoya. Part of the reason why I haven't been a huge fan of Zoya in the past is because the polish just never seemed to be that into me.  It always bubbled.  Or went streaky.  Or peeled off within a day.  For an impatient and lazy manicurist like myself, I just ended up not buying them anymore.

I had hoped this collection would be different.  That the formula might have changed, making it wearable.  The first two swatch sessions, all those old memories came back again.  It bubbled.  It frothed.  It slid into my cuticles.

On my third attempt at swatching, I forgot to do a base coat.  And that, dear readers, was the moment where Zoya and I fell in lust.  No bubbling.  No streaking.  Beautiful finish.  I tried the same method on all six colours with the same result. It seems that the only way Zoya works for me is on bare nails.  Strange but true.

Click on the jump off to see the photos.  All have been taken with flash because diffused light just left the colours kinda bland and insipid.  All the photos are absolutely colour accurate.  However, I recommend you wear sunglasses just in case your retinas are permanently damaged.
 
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the collection and on Zoya generally.  I've heard a few people say Zoya just doesn't mesh with their body chemistry but I'm wondering if there are workarounds - like the one I found.  Let me know in the comments.




Laney
A lovely silver with a hint of green.  This is brush stroke-y but it's looks glorious on the nail.


Happi
A lovely light pink with gold shimmer throughout.



Gwin
A gorgeous orange with green and gold shimmer throughout.  Amazing.


Want to see more?  Click here for Part II.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails