Thursday, January 7, 2010

BYS - Aloha


Brooke and Nihrida, in comments, have kindly pointed out that this is a periwinkle blue, rather than a lavender.  So I've changed the wording in the post and the label to reflect.  Thanks ladies.  Where would I be without you guys?  In a world devoid of periwinkle, that's where!

I've saved my two favourite BYS Tropical Collection colours for last.

Aloha was the colour that initially drew me to the collection.  I love perriwinkle as a general rule.  It reminds me of a Laura Ashley dress I had in the 1980s that I wore to death.  To death.  The poor dress was just rags when I finally decided to get rid of it.  But, oh, how I loved it.

So it's little wonder that I am utterly obsessed with Aloha which is just an amazing and dusty periwinkle.

The formulation on this is wonderful.  The swatch here is two quick and easy coats.  Check out that opacity and shine!  And, with a coat of Seche Vite over the top, this lasts for days and days and days.

So, what do you guys think?  I really think BYS need to expand into the American and European markets.  With formulations like Aloha, they are serious competition for some of my other brand favourites like Essie, China Glaze and OPI.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails