Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ulta3 - Blue Glitter


Blue Glitter is very unimaginatively titled.

But don't let the name underwhelm you.  This is a stunning, amazing, beautiful blue glitter. 

Formula wise, if you're looking for opacity, this is not the lacquer for you.  The swatch on the left is three coats and, as you can see, that's one heck of a visible nail line there.

However, I don't think that holds this back at all.  Because the glitter is fine, it dries to a very smooth finish, with no hang nails.  And it dries super fast.  I did not need to resort to Seche Vite, which is normal for me when dealing with glitters.

And removing this is a breeze.  No scrubbing.  No tearing of cuticles.  Just a quick soak of the nail in polish remover and it slides off beautifully.  I have no idea what Ulta3 have done to achieve this, but it's a winner in my book.

I know what some of you are already thinking with this.  How does it compare to OPI's Absolutely Alice, the other blue of the moment?  Well, I've put them side by side in a comparison to show you, after the jump!




Both swatches are three coats.  As you can see, there are similarities.  However, Absolutely Alice is more opaque.  And it has gold glitter in it, whereas Blue Glitter is just that.  A Blue Glitter.

So, what do you guys think?  Do you like this blue?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails