Thursday, January 28, 2010

OPI - Mad as a Hatter - Take II

I had a conversation with a manicurist friend that went along these lines:

Friend: So I saw that Mad as a Hatter swatch.  Freaking disaster.

Me: I know!  Couldn't believe how bad that turned out.  Lemon formula.

Friend:  Pffft!  No such thing as a lemon formula.  Just a lemon manicurist.

Me: What?  Lesbian?  What does that have to do with anything?

Friend: Huh?  Lesbian?  Oh god, you're dumb.  LEMON MANICURIST.  Not lesbian manicurist.  You really are dumb sometimes.

Anyway, the upshot of that conversation was that I decided to give this lacquer another try, with some advice from said manicurist friend.  She advised me to, as opposed to just dipping the brush in and out, swirl the brush around in the bottle before applying a coat.

Bingo!  I now see what you were all talking about with this lacquer.  It's magical and wonderous.

Don't you love happy endings?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails