Wednesday, January 20, 2010

OPI - Alice in Wonderland


I mentioned that my fifth lacquer was going to be a surprise.  Well, it's not so much a fifth lacquer as much as it's four lacquers!

Today, I've got swatches of the OPI's Alice in Wonderland collection.

There has been so much hype about this collection (and about the upcoming Tim Burton film) that, when I saw this advertised on Transdesign, I quickly snapped it up.

For me, this collection is what I'm calling 'Three Hits and One (freaking, absolutely horrific, nail train wreck) Miss'.  You'll see why after the jump!




I know that Off With Her Red was not an early favourite with people.  But, for me, (and I'll admit I'm hopelessly biased towards creamy reds), this was an absolutely winner for me. Off With Her Red is a dusty, orange red that is beautifully creamy, applies like a dream and dries to a high gloss finish.



Thanks So Muchness is a slamming colour. Although it looks red for all intents and purposes, there is a definite pink streak running through this, which you can see on my ring and little finger.  Another winning colour with a fabulous formulation.




Ok, let's just get the miss over and done with.  Mad As A Hatter seems to be the winning colour for everyone else except me.  Man, I tried to make this work.  This was my third attempt at applying this lacquer but I still got oodles of bald spots.  All I can put it down to is that maybe I got a lemon formula.  There's no other reason for it to have failed so badly. Although you can still get an idea of what it might look like.



Thankfully, I did not have the same problems with Absolutely Alice.  If there was a standout in this collection, it has to be this electric blue.  It's simply glorious, is opaque in two coats and is like a 1970s disco ball on my nails.

So, ladies, what do you think of this collection?  Do you have a favourite?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails