Friday, April 2, 2010

Barry M - Bright Purple + Failed Dupe Attempt

 
Diffused light

I don't know how long ago it was that Leanne sent me this.  It might have been last millenium.

Barry M's Bright Purple does not quite live up to its name.  Sure, it's a purple.  But it's not what I call a bright purple.  More of a royal purple.  A super sexy royal purple.

Like all Barry M cremes, this is a dream to work with.  Opaque in two coats, creamy without being too thick, and dries to a high shine.  Ticks all my boxes and then some.

But the fun does not stop there.  I tried to use this lacquer in a failed attempt to recreate Color Club's Wild at Heart.  Click on the jump to see more.


Simpli Cosmetics is an Australian brand that I always find difficult to find in Melbourne.  I recently stumbled across the range at a discount store, for $3 no less(!!), and was instantly drawn to their No. 4 polish which, in my mind, looked to be a dupe of Wild at Heart.

When I first tried it, I realised it was never going to be a dupe on its own.  This is very much a layering lacquer.  But then I thought, 'What if I layer this over the Barry M?'


Diffused Light

Err no. This doesn't look anything like Wild at Heart.  But I don't think this is a total disaster.  The colours work together nicely and the overall impact is pretty darn cute.

And my search for Wild at Heart will continue.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails