Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Australis - Sapphire Blue

You may be wondering why the heck would I include a blue in my Fall colours.

Well, for me, Fall isn't just about the browns and reds. It's also about cool nights, where the sky is clear and the stars are out.

Which is where Australis' Sapphire Blue comes in.

Let me tell you a story. The very first lipstick I bought was an Australis baby pink. Put simply, it looked hideous, like I'd been sucking on a bottle of Pepto Bismol.

So horrifying was the event that I have never, ever, bought another Australis product. Until now.

There is so much to love about this polish. To begin with, the colour is - in a word - dazzling. It looks like a deep pool blue, with just the hint of shimmer.

Application is super easy. The formula is runny on the first coat, but forgiving on the second. You can easily get away with two coats of this, although I would recommend three if you want it to be truly opaque.

It dries quickly to a high shine finish and - no fooling - it lasts for days before you start to get ever so minor tipwear. A week and a half into wearing this, I got my first chip. How outstanding is that?!

So, despite a less than illustrious start to using Australis products, I can say I am now a definite convert with regards to their lacquers. What do you guys think of Sapphire Blue?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails