Friday, October 9, 2009

BYS - Moody Ruby

BYS Cosmetics is an Australian company that aims to produce beautiful cosmetics that don't cost you the earth.

Their range of nail polishes is enormous. Whenever I stand in front of the stand, I swear my eyes roll into the back of my head. So much choice! Thankfully, these are cheap ($3 each) so I never feel guilty splurging.

Moody Ruby looks to be a dark brown in the bottle, hence why I bought it. What a surprise, then, when I applied the first coat and it came out like a garnet! A vampy garnet, but a garnet nonetheless.

Second coat, however, and it starts to transform into a deep reddish-brown.

Third coat, and I had the bottle colour.

Although this deepened to a beautiful, chocolate brown, there are still very strong red undertones to it, so if you are looking for a genuine brown-brown, this is not for you.

Application was easy. Yes, it took three coats but I think the investment is worth it for the colour payoff. The only thing I would say about the application is that this isn't the fastest drying polish, even with a quick dry top coat. I still needed to wait 10-15 minutes before it was truly dry.

This was the first time I have tried BYS nail lacquers and I will definitely be back for more. They are cheap, the colours are beautiful and I just love supporting an Aussie brand.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails