Thursday, October 15, 2009

OPI - Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow

No. 2 in my All Time Favourite Lacquers is another OPI.

Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow is from OPI's Espana Collection. I don't know about you guys, but I found the Espana Collection particularly uninspiring. I felt that OPI had just repackaged a few old colours, hoping that none of us would notice.

The only colour that leapt out at me from the collection, and the only one I bought, was Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow.

Application of this OPI is, unlike most OPIs that apply like a dream, tricky. The first coat goes on like dirty green tea. Grainy and streaky. The second coat takes some of the edge off the streaky, but there are still bald spots here and there. Third coat and I have bottle colour and no bald spots.

The effort, however, to get this opaque is so worth it. I absolutely adore this green. At first glance, it looks black, but, on closer inspection, the green shines through. It's like looking at a plush forest canopy.

The shine on this is amazing. The swatch here is, once again, sans topcat. OPI really have excelled in their finishes of late. This hue is no exception.

And, despite being a green, which normally isn't work safe for me, I wear this for work quite regularly. It has a je ne sais quoi elegance about it that works in the 9 to 5.

So, ladies, what do you think of my No. 2? Do you have Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow and if so, do you love it as much as I do? Or is there another dark green that you adore, like NARS Zulu.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails