Wednesday, October 7, 2009

You've Got Duped - Chanel Jade

I mentioned on Sunday that I may have stumbled upon a dupe for the mythical (I call it mythical because I don't have it and - since I am little more than a petulant child - I won't believe it exists until I own it) Chanel Jade.

Sportgirl's Apple is a very close dupe to Chanel Jade, but without the gold-esque shimmer. So I took The Face Shop's YL701 and got to work.

What you see is three coats of Apple with a very light layer of YL701 over the top.

I think the closest to the Chanel Jade colour is on the index finger. With the other fingers, there is just too much yellow in the mix.

So, I know it's not a perfect dupe. YL701 is just that little bit too yellow and I think a clear shimmer might work better. Besides which, I think I'd still fork out the money for Chanel rather than a dupe, but what do you guys think? Am I close or do I need some new glasses?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails