Thursday, October 22, 2009

butter LONDON - Pearly Queen - Part I

I have definitely saved my two favourite butter LONDON Fall 09 Collection lacquers until last.

Today, it's all about Pearly Queen.

I fully expected to be somewhat 'meh' about this colour. It's a white frost which, normally, is just a little too Duran Duran's The Reflex for me. White frosts bring back bad memories of cheap Cutex frosts (which were all I could afford on my sub-teen pocket money) that chipped, flaked and stained.

Pearly Queen, however, is, in a word O-U-T-S-T-A-N-D-I-N-G.

This is unlike any other white frost I've ever seen. It's like silvery snow on my nails. There is not a hint of beige or cream, as I've seen with other white frosts. This is pure, unadulterated, take no prisoners white.

I know Michelle from All Lacquered Up had brush stroke issues with this. And she's right. This can and does apply streaky. The only way around this, I've found, is to apply one thin coat and then follow up with a thicker second coat. For whatever reason, if I apply a thicker second coat, the brush strokes are more forgiving and the streaks tend to disappear. Even if you do have streaks after the second coat, a quick splash of Seche Vite erases all errors in a single brush stroke.

I love it when a polish surprises me. This surprised me and what a glorious revelation it has been.

I've taken another quick photo. This is Pearly Queen holding my first hot chocolate of the day. Sorry for the pinkish undertones coming through on the photo. This photo was taken with my crappy little point and shoot camera that I drag around with me. But, still, how nice does that look?

Mmm, butter LONDON, can we get married and stay together forever and forever because I truly believe you are my nail soul mate.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails