Wednesday, October 21, 2009

butter LONDON - Rosie Lee - Part I

YGN-ers, for your own protection, I suggest you put on sunglasses to read this post.

Are we all set? Glasses on? Good.

Allow me to present to you, Rosie Lee, the third lacquer I am trying from butter LONDON's Fall 09 Collection.

Rosie Lee is a dense pink glitter that turns almost foil like when it's in the sun. As you can see in the swatch, this colour can veer from being a sweet pink to something that astronauts could see from space.

Gorgeous.

However, whilst I love the colour pay off - it really is extraordinary, isn't it - this is an absolute pain in the a** to apply. The swatch on the left is four coats and, even with those four coats, I had a couple of bald spots.

Also, because the glitter is quite chunky and large, I found it impossible to get a good finish on the nail. In attempting to get close to the cuticle, I couldn't help but get some of the glitter onto my hands.

As you would expect with such a dense glitter, this dries to a lumpy finish, however a coat of Seche Vite smoothes out most of the rough edges. Be prepared, however, for a few hanging edges. These don't bother me, but some of the more finicky amongst you might want to file the edges off.

Despite all of the problems with this, I consider this colour to be a crown jewel amongst my vast collection of lacquers. It is, in my opinion, completely unique. I don't have anything even close to it, although I wonder if Bloom's new shade, Las Vegas, might come close. Love it.

So, for those of you who haven't gone blind, does Rosie Lee tickle your fancy?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails