Wednesday, December 23, 2009

China Glaze - 5 Golden Rings


Hi all, I apologise for not getting around to the comments you’ve left. My internet connection is terrible! It will work for five minutes and then fall out for another twenty. So, when I do manage to get access, I work as quickly as I can to get an actual post up before the access falls out again. Arghhhh!  I promise I will try to get to the comments as soon as I can figure out this connection.

Anyway, back to normal programming…

I think it’s saying something about the quality of a product when you say ‘Mmmmm, I don’t know if I love this’ but still would consider it amongst your top lacquers.

That’s how I feel about 5 Golden Rings. I love it. But I don’t LOVE it. Does that make sense?

Ok, so this looks lovely on the nails. And it’s very Christmas-y and sparkly. Which ticks two big boxes on my list.

But, sheesh, this dries to a rough finish. Unlike Tinsel, which is as smooth as silk, this is rough and hangovers are everywhere. And I found more than a few bald spots with this, resulting in me having to do three coats to get to bottle colour.

Yet, despite these problems, I still find this totally amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a collection where even the weakest link is an absolute star!

What do you guys think? Did you have a favourite from the collection? A weakest link? Let me know in the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails