Monday, February 22, 2010

Marks and Spencers - Mint Green

Marks and Spencers Mint Green came courtesy of my mother in law.  I'm not sure whether you can buy this online or if you have to actually physically go to an MandS to find it.

The obsessive compulsive in me is still a little upset at the off center labeling, but I'll get over it.  Perhaps.

It took four coats to get to bottle colour, which is probably one more than I consider to be an acceptable number, or have patience for, but the formula is such that you can apply four coats and still be touch dry within five minutes.

And the colour is just beautiful.  A perfect minty green creme without a hint of shimmer.  With a top coat, this will last for up to a week with minimal wear on the tips.  And it never chips.  I have no idea what MandS are putting in their formulas, but it makes for a great value / great quality lacquer.

I know what some of you are already thinking.  Is this a dupe for Essie's Mint Candy Apple.  Here's a side by side of the two.

Aside from the lighting differences, and the fact that my hands are more tanned at the moment because it's summer, these are very similar.

Mint Candy is slightly more icy, but it's marginal.  I suspect you wouldn't be able to tell much difference in person.

The formula on the Mint Candy Apple is superior to the MandS (two coats vs four) but other than that, these are on par for longevity and wear.

So, ladies, what do you think?  Do you like Mint Green?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails