Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Nubar - Modern Matte Collection - Part I

The Nubar Modern Matte Collection was released in 2009.

I've had this collection for a while now and just haven't gotten around to swatching it.  When deciding on my Valentine's Day manicures, however, these four beauties immediately jumped out at me as being perfect.

The colours are spot on for Valentine's Day and the matte finish lends them a modern touch.

I've divided this post into two because, of course, I had to show you the colours in both matte and glossy finish.  What is it about mattes that, when you put a gloss coat over them, they become even more beautiful?

However, there is a wreck after the jump.  Well not so much a wreck as a mystery..... I won't say anymore.  Just wait and see. 

Check out the first lot of swatches after the jump (scroll down and click 'Read More') and let me know what you think!


Let's kick off with the wreck because, really, that's what you all came to see right?

Prevail
(can you see the problem here, there's no matte!)

 
 Contempo

Contempo (with gloss)

As you can see, Prevail did not come out as a matte polish for me. When I got this, it didn't have a label on the bottom like the others and the formula smelt (and still does) a little... erm.... 'funky'.  Application was a breeze, and the colour is glorious, but the matte just never came through on this one.  Mysterious, huh? 

Contempo, on the other hand, is beautiful.  As a matte, it looks like a muted cherry.  With a gloss coat, it comes alive.  Seriously, click to see the larger version because there is detail in this lacquer that is just stunning and needs to be seen up close.

So, ladies, what do you think?  Can anyone explain what the heck is going on with Prevail?

Stay tuned, too, because I'll post Part II later today with my two favourites of the collection.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails