Monday, February 15, 2010

Totally Beautiful Nails - Gilt

Sometimes, I'll pick up lacquers on the cheap and think to myself 'You know, if you don't turn me blind, I'll consider it a success'.

Totally Beautiful Nails is one of those brands where I had really, really, really low expectations.  $2.50.  Bought from a bin inside a dingy pharmacy in Chinatown.  And, afterwards, I bought fried ice-cream from a sorry looking street vendor (the less said about my obsession with buying food from street vendors, the better).

Gilt, however, is proof positive that I should never, ever judge a book by its cover.

This is a beautiful gold shimmer lacquer that applies like a dream.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that the brush on this is the equivalent of OPI's Pro-Wide.  There I said it.  And it's true.

The lacquer itself is creamy and only requires two coats to become opaque.  You will need a top coat, though, if you want a high shine.  The swatch on the right is without top coat because I quite like the grainy finish.

And is it just me or do these bear a strong passing resemblence to the finish of the new Orly Foil FX lacquers? 

I will be buying plenty more of these (and they will be the feature in an upcoming Swatch Watch).  What do you guys think?  Are you feeling the power of Gilt?  Are you hankering for fried ice-cream like I am?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails