Monday, November 30, 2009

Bloom - Aspen


Bloom released it's B Collection a few weeks ago.  Despite launching a mammoth 70 shades, I found that a number were repackaged hues from other collections and/or colours that form part of Bloom's core colour range, hence I didn't pick up many.

What I did splurge on was some of the glitters.  I've previously trialled Seoul, whose 'opaque in two coats' grey glitter raised my hopes that all the glitters would be opaque in two coats.

As you can see, however, not all glitters are created equal.  Aspen is a white glitter that, funnily enough, reminds me of snow.

Unlike Seoul, this is not an opaque in two coats glitter.  It's not even an opaque in four coats glitter. The swatch here is four heavy coats and there is still one heck of a visible nail line.

As disappointing as it is that this isn't opaque, not all is lost.  This is a great top coat for creme lacquers.  Because it lacks any yellow undertones, it gives other lacquers a tinsel-esque sheen.  Which makes it perfect for the upcoming holiday season.

So ladies, what do we think of Aspen?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails