Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hey There, Wait A Minute Mr Postman - Essie + Mecca

I've hauled two lots of lovely lacquer products in the last few days.

The first is Essie's Matte About You top coat. Now, I'll admit that I have not really understood the matte trend. I like my lacquers to look super glossy and shiny. Why would anyone want their nails to look matte?

I understand now. I tried this yesterday on my new Asos Paint Pots, and I'm in love. How good do lacquers look when they're matte? Especially the glitters. Colour me convinced ladies.

My second haulage was yesterday when I went into Mecca Cosmetica. Which is, without fail, always a mistake on my part because I can never resist buying something.



I trialled some Nars Sheer Matte which I liked but I think I will also give the Sheer Glow a try. If any of you have tried both, what did you think? Here in Australia, it costs $100 a bottle so I want to make sure I get the right formula for me!

Anyway, I spotted some of the new Mecca lacquers and, yes, I ended up buying two: Dionyza (which is the blue) and Helen (which is the creamy lemon). The other two in this collection - Adriana and Margaret, are just repackaged Celia and Luciana from their Spring 2009 Collection - hence I didn't buy those.

Aren't these just beautiful, though? And check out the too cute bag they came in (I'm such a sucker for packaging). I'm tempted to compare them to RBL's Spongebob Squarepants lacquers, but they are different. I think.

So that's my haulage. What do you guys think?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails