Monday, November 9, 2009

BYS - Kinky Pink

When I bought lacquers from BYS' Glitter Glam range, I had an expectation that they would be gloriously opaque explosions of glitter glam. What I got wasn't quite an explosion, but I still think these are absolutely worth the investment.

The first thing you need to know with these lacquers is that they really can't be worn on their own. The lacquer itself is very transparent. I suspect you would need to apply anywhere between 10-15 coats to get it opaque. And who really has the time, or energy, to apply that many coats and/or wait for it to dry.

However, these work brilliantly as a bling it up top coat, as you can see with Kinky Pink. I wore a Miki white lacquer underneath and then applied a single coat of Kinky Pink over the top.

Isn't this just amazing! I love the way the little sparkles of glitter are mixed in with the larger, hexagonal glitter. For me, this works almost like a CND Color & Effects. It literally transforms the base into something quite spectacular.

So, this isn't quite what I was expecting with the Glitter Glam, but I love the fact that I can use this in any number of ways to create different looks.

What do you guys think?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails