Wednesday, November 18, 2009

butter LONDON - Perfect Prezzie - Part I

For the second time in this collection, I've had the experience of a colour not looking anything like it does in the bottle. First, it was Fairylights and, now, it's Perfect Prezzie.

In the bottle, this looks like a deep plum with swathes of gold through it. It's gloriously gothic and mysterious, like velvet. I can, seriously, sit and look at this for hours. It's magical.

On the nail, however, the gold just doesn't show through, leaving me with a fairly standard plum.

Now, don't get me wrong, this is a gorgeous colour and it looks fab on the nail. But you know what it's like when you have an image or an expectation of how something will look and, then, when it doesn't live up to those expectations there is that quiet *sigh* of disappointment.

As with all butter LONDON lacquers, the formula is a little tricky (hence my less than perfect application), but the colour is opaque in two coats and is uber shiny on the nail.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails